SLG Guides and Documents
Swanmore College SIMS Learning Gateway (SLG) is an information system to enable you to access real time information about your child which uses the information held in SIMS, the College’s main database.
The main benefits are that: –
- It will give access to a range of information including pupil progress reports, achievement and behaviour events, assessment data, attendance and timetable details.
- The system is easy to use and most of the data is displayed visually in tables and graphs.
- The system is compatible with tablets and smartphones.
- Parent/Carer personal and contact details can be updated online.
- The secure username and password will be the same if you have more than one child at Swanmore College.
- The contact details you provide in SLG will be the same details used in our Parent Communications System.
Security and access
- Only parents/carers with ‘parental responsibility’ for a child are entitled to use SLG.
- Access to this system is restricted to parents/carers, pupils and authorised staff and you will only be able to see data for your child. A parent/carer will be able to see contact information for another parent/carer, contact or child (e.g. address, phone number, email address etc.).
- All data is managed by the College and is held securely within the College; sensible measures have been taken to safeguard this information.
- When you connect to SLG, data is transmitted across the Internet securely using security encryption.
- You will be able to change your password at any time to maintain the security of your account.
SLG is accessible on a variety of computer internet browsers and mobile devices. In order to access SLG you will need a reliable Broadband or 3G/4G connection. Note: Accessing SLG on 3G/4G may incur data charges – please consult your mobile provider.
If you are having any problems accessing the SLG Login page please refer to the SLG access help for users document
Requesting access to SLG
If you wish to access this service you must read our SIMS Learning Gateway (SLG) Acceptable Use Policy and then complete the Parental Access Request Form and send it to the College Reception (both documents can be downloaded from the College website).
For security reasons we will confirm your username and password in separate letters.
If you have any queries about this system please click the button below.
Forgotten username and password
If you have forgotten your username and password please click the button below. Please note that, for security reasons, we will only action a password reset request received from a recognised email address already held in our database.