House Points/Achievement Points
A House Point is to be awarded to pupils in every lesson where they have demonstrated that they have met the expected classroom standards for each lesson.
Every class teacher is required to record these house points on SIMS at the end of every lesson. It is good practice to visually share this recognition of positive behavior and learning with pupils by either making the SIMS admissions in front of them or by keeping a class chart for them to see.
Every pupil, therefore, has the potential to earn at least 25 house points weekly for meeting the classroom expectations. This is in addition to any house points awarded for other reasons.
SIMS contains a full drop down list of reasons to award House Points. Additionally, there is a bracketed numerical value indicating how many house points that particular award is worth.
The categories for awarding house points include:
- Classroom expectations met
- Excellent behaviour for Learning
- Excellent presentation of work
- Great classroom contribution
- Outstanding work/homework
- Accelerated reader awards
- Extra-curricular activities
- Outstanding pastoral award
500 HPs = Bronze
750 HPs = Silver
1000 HPs = Gold
- Each year group has a termly Celebration Assembly where pupils’ achievements and progress are recognized.
- Golden Tickets are special awards that link to the Behaviour Walks (see later) which are conducted by SLT and Heads of Year.
Pastoral Sanction Ladder
Subject Sanction Ladder
Mobile Phones and iPods