The Curriculum encompasses everything the pupils at Swanmore undertake and experience.
We aim to provide and further develop a curriculum which enables all our youngsters to become:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make good progress and achieve;
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- Responsible citizens who are able to make a positive contribution to society.
We recognise that a well educated person is one that:
- is an independent learning and decision maker;
- is adaptable;
- is literate and a good communicator;
- uses numbers and ICT effectively;
- is adventurous and willing to try new things;
- co-operates as part of a team;
- has good relationships with adults and peers;
- is morally and spiritually aware;
- has a sense of responsibility and self discipline;
- is tolerant and challenges stereotypes;
- is prepared for the challenges of society;
- has a sense of well being and can lead a safe and fulfilling life.
Our curriculum is designed to continue the journey of learning which leads to the development of a well educated person.
At KS3/KS4 we continue to develop and progress the core subjects of English, Maths and Science and build upon progress already made at KS2.